This is one resort where ancient Indian meditation technique is taught. With prolonged and continued practice, it is possible to reduce tension in daily life and create positive energy in the body. The techniques of the propounder of Buddhism, Lord Gautam Buddha is taught here. People from all background can practice this technique called Vipassana.
Igatpuri Resort is very much in demand and it is advisable to book it well in advance. The daily schedule is as follows:
- 4:00 a.m. : Morning wake-up bell
- 4:30 - 6:30 a.m. : Meditate in the hall or your own room
- 6:30 - 8:00 a.m. : Breakfast break
- 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. : Group meditation in the hall
- 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. : Meditate in the hall or your own room
- 11:30 noon : Lunch
- 12 noon - 1:00 p.m. : Rest break
- 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. : Meditate in the hall or your own room
- 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. : Group meditation in the hall
- 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. : Meditate in the hall or your own room
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. : Tea break
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. : Group meditation in the hall
- 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. : Video recording of Goenkaji shown
- 9:30 p.m. : Retire to your own room/Lights out.